[Shop-talk] Deck drain grate?

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Deck drain grate?
From: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2015 10:22:46 -0400
My Trex-style deck boards were installed flush against the sheathing under my
sliding glass doors, and the flashing was installed such that it trapped all
the water. Therefore, the whole sill plate and rim joists are rotten.

Since I need to pull up the deck boards anyway to redo the flashing, I'd like
to replace the first board with a metal grate that will drain to the ground
below, similar to the things you stomp on to remove snow from your boots, but
only 5.5" wide.

I'm searching but clearly not using the right terms. Are these called
something specific? Closest I'm getting are french drain gutters with a
plastic top that doesn't look sturdy enough to stomp on.

thnaks,
jim