[Shop-talk] Looking for some wire shelves...

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Looking for some wire shelves...
From: Jimmie Mayfield <mayfield+shoptalk@sackheads.org>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 21:38:14 -0400
About 18 months ago, my local Sears closed and during the liquidation I
picked up some wire shelf fixtures from the linens department.  Pretty
stout.  Wire thickness comparable to pallet racking but you mount them
on standards and brackets like Closet Maid shelves.

Image 1 <https://i.imgur.com/T5C5GKN.jpg>
Image 2 <https://i.imgur.com/W7pGZ04.jpg>
Image 3 <https://i.imgur.com/1hPxhsg.jpg>

These measure 48" wide and either 18" or 24" deep.  There's a 1" lip
across the front to keep things from sliding off.  Across the bottom,
there are two square tube crossbars for support.  The crossbars have
notches spaced 45" apart and there is a wire loop. The brackets fit
through the loop and in the notches to keep the shelf from moving (I'm
using 18" and 24" K&V brand wire shelf standards and brackets...they
work well enough).

I bought about a dozen at the time and have since mounted them in my
garage.  I wish I'd bought more.

These shelves don't appear to have any labels or identifying markings
(for all I know, Sears bought these decades ago when the store was
built).  Google- and Bing-image searches for terms like "wire shelves"
and "wire baskets" didn't turn up anything promising.

Does anybody know anything about these shelves?  Who made them?  Are
they still obtainable?

JM