Re: [Shop-talk] o/t Water softener

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] o/t Water softener
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 19:49:09 -0500

It's always a good idea to ask contractors what drove the sizing of
whatever device they're installing.  If it's "that's what's there",
find someone else.  They're relying on the previous guy to have done a
good job, and not just installed what was fastest, easiest, or most
profitable.  An oversized water softener isn't a horrible thing, but
it's likely to be more expensive than a smaller one.  likewise, an
modestly undersized one isn't a huge deal, it just regenerates more
often.  Both assume reasonable smartish controllers, and not just a
"once a week" timer.  But I'd want to know they did the pretty simple
math involved.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com