Re: [Shop-talk] [Bulk] Re: Grinder pedestal

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] [Bulk] Re: Grinder pedestal
From: "Karl Vacek" <KVacek@Ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2015 21:22:46 -0600
Another possibility is a large truck brake drum filled with concrete, with a
pipe upright and a steel top.  Large diameter is more important than
absolute weight - even a big circle of 1/2" steel would work well and you
could stand on it to add stability if you're using it for heavy buffing or
wire-wheeling on big stuff.

I use a now-unobtainable option.  My Dad found a round cast iron "No
Parking" sign base sometime in the late 40's and it's pretty much perfect.
Probably 40-50 pounds, about 18" in diameter at the base,  easy to roll to
another location, and really sturdy.  I've never seen another one, but if
they're still to be found somewhere, it's a perfect base.

Karl