Re: [Shop-talk] Problems with the donation link

To: <eric@megageek.com>, <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Problems with the donation link
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 09:35:12 -0800
> Just a note, I tried to donate to via the link at the bottom
> of each post
> and you get a 'Out dated link' error from paypal.

I just tried it, and the link works for me.  The link at the bottom of each post
leads to a web page on the Team.Net server, that has instructions on both how
to snail mail a paper check (how archaic! <g>) and a
link to PayPal.

The link from the web page leads to a PayPal page where you'll have to either
log into your PayPal account, or give them your mobile
phone number (along with other personal information) to create a account (which
can be temporary).  That is a PayPal restriction,
you must be able to receive text messages (ie have a mobile phone) in order to
automatically create an account.  (There may be an
alternate route that doesn't require text messages, but I don't know of any.)

The search box says "email or mobile number", so if you want to use that
instead of the link, enter "fcg@autox.team.net" (without
the quotes) as the email address.  (You can also just enter a fake phone
number, so the search will fail and ask you to enter a name
and address.  But be certain it's actually a number that does not belong to
anyone, like 310-555-1212, otherwise you may wind up
paying the wrong person.)

-- Randall