[Shop-talk] Quad Copter with video cameras

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Quad Copter with video cameras
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 14:13:50 -0500 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 01/09/2015 14:10:03, Serialize complete at 01/09/2015 14:10:03
OK, this is a little off-topic, but I'll be using it as a tool, so I guess
that qualifies.

I'm looking to get a quad copter with a video camera to help me manage my
wood farm and the surrounding areas.  I have lots of uses for something
like this (also check the gutters of the shop, etc (so there shop
content)).

I've been looking at these on Amazon and they don't give enough detail as
to why one is better than the other.

(Note, I'm not looking at the little ones for under $100 bucks.  I've
budgeted about $1000 for one, but can go higher if there is a good reason
to.)

I don't need long 'flight times.'  I do want to be about to see the video
as it's flying.  I would love to be able to take 'stills' as well in
flight.

The camera needs to be able to point somewhat 'down.' (It seems most of
these don't really look down much.)

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.

Eric P