Re: [Shop-talk] [Bulk] Re: Water heater leak

Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] [Bulk] Re: Water heater leak
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 11:14:02 -0800
Cc: "'shop-talk List'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
> looks like the list can't process degree symbols and makes them zeros.

Yup.  The list server enforces "standard" 7 bit ASCII (aka US-ASCII), which
includes a very limited subset of symbols.  Anything
else, it does its best to translate to 7 bit ASCII.  The degree symbol gets
translated to a zero.

That may change soon, I believe our listmeister is experimenting with allowing
HTML (including selection of character sets) on the
lists.  But it apparently hasn't happened for Shop Talk yet.

-- Randall