Re: [Shop-talk] Strengthening plastic engine parts

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Strengthening plastic engine parts
From: Jim Stone <1789alpine@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 21:27:25 -0500
Thanks guys.  The pulley is a mix of plastic and molded-in metal, so I dont
think a 3D printer will do the trick, but it is an interesting idea.  The used
throttle body only cost me $30, so Ill probably just install the new pulley
and try to be more careful in the future.

Jim

On Dec 29, 2014, at 12:59 PM, Elton E. (Tony) Clark <eltonclark@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I once had a 83 Sentra wagon for a shop car; cold air & 24 mpg in town a
delight until the "Japanese plastic rot" hit.  Within one year, the white
plastic in the dome light housing, the turn signal switch and all four door
latches turned to "chalk" and failed.  Sheeeeeesh.