Re: [Shop-talk] Coolant in Oil

To: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>, shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Coolant in Oil
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 21:03:01 -0600
On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 6:19 PM, Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org> wrote:
> Is the cross contamination happening at the intake? I've always heard of it
> happening (in general, not in any particular motor) at the head gaskets.

GM made a couple of engines, the 3.1 and 3.4 v6, from the early 90s to
the mid 00s, that have coolant in the intake manifolds.  They also
used crappy plastic gaskets that fail, and leak into the oil.  Just
one of the things that gave GM a reputation for making crap cars: make
a defective engine, and sell it for 15 years.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com