Re: [Shop-talk] The air compressor to have now

To: Scott <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>, Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] The air compressor to have now
From: old dirtbeard <dirtbeard@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 18:17:26 -0800
This is "the best" two stage 7.5 HP compressor on the market:

http://www.pacificaircompressors.com/compressor-champion-HRV7-8-1P.htm

I am just waiting for mine to die so I can justify buying it.

The key is that it has a pump that only runs at 575 RPM (.e.g., a nice thump,
thump, thump like a Gold Star on low idle) driven by a quality 31 amp Baldor
motor running at 1725 RPM.

It outputs 26 CFM, but it is the same pump that is used on the much larger
compressors except that the pump runs slower for the 7.5 HP motor.  The pump
and motor really should run forever (just compare the pump speeds on comparable
compressors).

best,

doug
'72 BSA B50SS