[Shop-talk] Soldering a radiator

To: Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Soldering a radiator
From: Robert nogueira <nogera@icloud.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 20:33:31 -0500
I have a brass radiator on which I need to relocate the input outlet.  I'm
hoping to do it without disturbing the tank to core seam.
I'm looking for suggestions as to how to go about this task.
My plan is to place a damp cloth over the tank to core soldered seam and to
use a high heat       (oxygen and Mapp gas) torch so the new inlet and it's
seam to the tank heat up quickly before the heat can travel to the seams that
I want to remain untouched. The new inlet will be located about an inch from
the tank to core seam.
I'll also be using a infrared thermometer to monitor the tank to core seam.
Anyone have other  suggestions as to how go about this or problems with my
plan.

Note the current input is soldered to the tank from the outside only  and the
radiator will be used with a 4 or 7 lbs cap at most.
Thanks for any suggestions.