Re: [Shop-talk] Well water hammer?

To: shop-talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Well water hammer?
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 12:50:47 -0400
On my well, there is a foot valve down at the bottom of the well
where the pump is.  That is what does most of the work preventing the
water from draining back down the well.  I also have a check valve up
at the pressure tank in the basement.  That's how it was when the
house was built and it is still that way today.  There seem to be
different opinions about the merits of multiple check valves.  I
found a lot of info here:
  http://inspectapedia.com/water/Check_Valves_Water.htm
Good luck getting it all sorted out.

-Steve Trovato