Re: [Shop-talk] Shop-talk Digest, Vol 8, Issue 121

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Shop-talk Digest, Vol 8, Issue 121
From: David Cole <dgcole01@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 12:51:55 -0700
I've got a 28' trailer for my drag car deal.  12V for the winch, electric
tongue jack and some lights.  110V electrical for the main lights, outlets and
microwave.

I use a 12V Marine deep cycle battery.  Got the trailer in late
02, the one that came with the trailer lasted 4 yrs.  Then 5 or 6 yrs on the
replacement Wal-Mart battery of the same type/size.  Now on my 3rd battery in
almost 12 yrs.  Besides being charged by the truck I'll slow charge it about
every 3-4 months and again before the start of winter.

I like the deep
cycle because they can be drained to the point that would kill a normal auto
battery and then recharge it with no ill effects.

On Sunday, August 24,
2014 1:00 PM, "shop-talk-request@autox.team.net"