Re: [Shop-talk] electrical question

To: shop-talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] electrical question
From: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 19:37:17 -0400
So, when you fixed the bad ground, the outlet was working, but once you
covered up the box, it wasn't working?

Do the wires for that first outlet attach via the "push-in" holes in the back
of the outlet, or via the screw terminals on the side? If the former, the
springs inside loosen up over time and cause intermittent connectivity (and
arcing, which starts fires).

jim