Re: [Shop-talk] Oil Breather Tank options

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Oil Breather Tank options
From: Mark <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 15:00:09 -0500
A few years ago I put a separator on the pipe between the valve cover
PCV and a supercharger port on my Roush Mustang.  I was getting
fuel/aircharge contamination when I put my foot down.  It is running 15
LBS of boost at WOT which was also sucking a fair amount of oil from the
cam cover.  The little separator I bought looks (is) a small glass
bottle with a bronze filter and in and out pipe threaded ports.  I
suppose the amount of oil you would collect is dependent on the
condition of the engine and how much air you are sucking up the pipe.
The filter looks just like the oil separator that might be on an air
compressor.  I have to empty mine after two tanks of fuel or one good
romp on the back roads.  Here is a link to the one that I use on my
beast that has worked as expected.
http://shop.davadmotorsports.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=4&zenid=6v4e56q65otjic9vona9jiqto6

If I had known then what I know now I would have picked up one locally
for probably half the price but it did come with Ford quick connect hose
fittings.

Mark
Nashville