Re: [Shop-talk] Audio receiver repair?

To: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Audio receiver repair?
From: Peter Murray <peterwmurray@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 11:10:57 -0400
Cc: Shop-Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
The lower impedance should not have caused any damage, unless you cranked
the volume way up and blew the amp. It sounds like you have a power supply
inside the amplifier that has failed. Power supplies often have
electrolytic capacitors for filtering and stabilization, and they can dry
out over time and send the supply circuit out of spec. I would start there.

This page may have some helpful items:
http://www.davidreaton.com/Model_300_repair_experiences.htm

-Peter