[Shop-talk] New Generac XG8000

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] New Generac XG8000
From: john Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 17:32:03 -0500
I just purchased a new Generac 8000 watt generator with electric start.
The generator lives in an unheated shed and as with my old generator, I
would remove the battery and leave it on a trickle charger in my
basement until needed in an emergency.  On this generator, the battery
looks to be a real job to replace quickly and has a small female
receptacle for a 12 volt transformer(like a big cell phone charger) to
keep the battery charged.  The manual says not to leave it plugged in
for more than 48 hours.  Any suggestions for a trickle type charger with
electronics to control the charge and that I can leave plugged in
throughout the winter?  Thanks John Mitchell