Re: [Shop-talk] Plasma cutter recommendation?

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Plasma cutter recommendation?
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 13:26:00 -0400 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 10/30/2013 13:26:02, Serialize complete at 10/30/2013 13:26:02
Matt asked about Plasma Cutters.

Matt, I bought from Ramsond...

http://www.ramsond.com/welding-plasma-cutting-machines/

I bought the Ramsond CUT50DY 50 and I'm very happy with it.

A few times I ran up against the cutting depth limit (just over 3/4 inch).
 But overall, it does everything I expected.  I bought a ton of extra tips
and such, which I recommend.  They are consumables.

My buddy bought a different brand (I'm not sure of the name) and while
it's not the same unit, the consumables seem interchangeable.

Doesn't handle really rusted metals well (but I don't think any unit
will.)  My only issue was that I needed better eye protection.  welding
helmets are too dark.  The welding sunglasses I got, seem slightly too
little protection.  Neither of these are a fault of the brand or unit
however (but if anyone has any suggestions on what to use for plasma, I'm
all ears (or eyes, I guess.)  8>)

Shoot me an email if you have any specific questions.

Eric P
Waldo Emerson