Re: [Shop-talk] Engine damage

To: "eric@megageek.com" <eric@megageek.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Engine damage
From: Fred Katz <roadster@astound.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 18:51:06 -0700
Cc: "shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net" <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
I just read up on why bleach destroys an engine. The chlorine reacts
chemically with gasoline and causes extreme rusting (oxidation). A high volume
of rust sediment will be found in the engine. Additionally, the bleach
corrodes all metal, plastic and rubber it comes into contact with. Also breaks
free sediment in gas tanks and fuel lines, sending it to the engine when
running.

Fred -