[Shop-talk] Using ultra capacitors to replace car battery

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Using ultra capacitors to replace car battery
From: Dave C <cavanadd@frontier.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 10:44:30 -0700
A friend sent me this link and it's pretty interesting.  The author is
using ultra capacitors as an alternative to his car battery and it seems
to work.  On the link below the lower video is the original where he
used larger caps, and the second, upper video, is where he used much
smaller caps and a lithium-iron R/C battery to offset the capacitor
leakdown, and it apparently was able to hold the charge for at least ten
days.   Saves a lot of weight and seems to work in a beater Scion but I
don't know how well it would work in a diesel P/U in Anchorage in February.