[Shop-talk] Sheet metal question

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Sheet metal question
From: Robert Bender <rbender9@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 08:53:24 -0700 (PDT)
I have a ridiculously old bead blast cabinet that works fantastically well.
The gloves clamp to a 5-1/2 inch diameter flange, and are now wearing out.
None of the blast supply places seem to have this size of glove.  They will
all sell gloves that fit a 7-1/4 inch flange.  Some even sell the retrofit
flange.  So, I am thinking about how to cut two clean, accurate circles, 7-1/2
inches in diameter in a box made of 14 gage sheet metal.  I don't have access
to a plasma cutter here at home, my nibbler isn't capable of handling the
thickness, it can't be disassembled to fit into the mill and my Greenlee
knockouts don't go anywhere near that big.  I suppose I could buy a 7-1/2 inch
hole saw, but Google shows $112 and up for something that will likely get used
once. I'll probably end up borrowing Dad's tanks and cutting torch, but that's
a hassle to transport and will require a fair amount of clean up of the cut
edge.  Any neat out-of-the-box ideas
 while I talk one of my buddies into buying a plasma cutter that I can
borrow?
Bob