Re: [Shop-talk] Easier EE question

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Easier EE question
From: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2013 15:01:57 -0500
I agree, try a different breaker first. If you have a breaker of the
same size (rating) in the breaker box, just steal it to check.

There shouldn't be too much in electrics in the bed, so it is worth a
shot. I suspect a timer, some fluorescent tubes with their ballasts and
possibly some safety interlock switches.

After the breaker I'd try disconnecting the ballasts from the input
feed. There may be a plug in relay in the control box that can be
unplugged to do this.  If it still blows the breaker look a problem with
the timer or input wiring.

I the breaker holds, start connecting the ballasts one by one until the
breaker trips. Leave the last added ballast disconnected and try
connecting the rest one by one until you have all of them connected that
don't cause the breaker to trip.

At this point disconnect the output of the possibly defective ballast,
then connect the input of the ballast and see if the breaker trips. If
it trips you probably have a bad ballast. If it doesn't check the wiring
between the ballast and the lights.

We can take this off list if you like, just email me.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake eric