[Shop-talk] Fwd: slow disposal drain

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Fwd: slow disposal drain
From: "Elton E. (Tony) Clark" <eltonclark@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 19:32:00 -0500
From: Elton E. (Tony) Clark <eltonclark@gmail.com>
Date: 14 April 2013 18:51
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] slow disposal drain
To: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Cc: Tim <tputland@charter.net>, Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>

My wife, desperate to clear a disposal drain before company arrived,
plugged both sides of the sink, ran the disposal side full of hot water and
then unplugged that side and turned on the disposal . . the pumping action
of the disposer and the weight of the full sink of water cleared the
drain.  We've tried it since;  it always works for simple  clogs but one
wants to hold the non-disposer plug in place while the disposer runs or it
might flow up in the sink.