Re: [Shop-talk] clone HDD

To: Dave C <cavanadd@frontier.com>, Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] clone HDD
From: Philip Nase <nases@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 18:28:37 -0400
It's easy on a Mac.  Not so sure about a PC.  On a Mac I create a bootable
clone on the new drive and swap it in.  Of course good backups before starting
are a must.

Phil Nase
Applebachsville, PA
http://home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa/

On Apr 14, 2013, at 6:14 PM, Dave C <cavanadd@frontier.com> wrote:

> I have about filled up my 75 gb HDD and rather than put in a new, bigger HDD
and then manually install everything, I would like to clone a bootable image
from the existing HDD over to the new HDD. Anyone got any experience in doing
this?  Advice?

> Probably another fix could be to just install a second HDD and move all the
picture, video and music files that are eating up space on the C drive.