Re: [Shop-talk] Non-skid replacement for hardwood floor strip?

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Non-skid replacement for hardwood floor strip?
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 11:31:37 -0400 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 04/13/2013 11:31:48, Serialize complete at 04/13/2013 11:31:48
Just a thought, and it may not be close to what you are looking for...

Today, on tractor forums they were talking about putting a *LIGHT* dusting
of sand between spray paint coats to make surfaces slip-prof.

Maybe a light dusting of sand in a clear top coat will work for your needs
on whatever material you decide to use.

Just a thought.

Eric P
Waldo Emerson

I just put down some prefinished hardwood in my upstairs hallway, and I
was
slipping all over the place in socks. The piece that will go between the
nosing at the top of the stairs and the rest of the flooring isn't quite a
full width piece, so I've left it out until I get the nosing, but I'm
thinking
of putting in a non-skid thing as a last resort if I start sliding. Of
course
it has to look nice :-)

I was thinking of a piece of perforated hardwood, but all I'm finding are
soundproofing materials. It needs to be 3/4" thick like the flooring. I
don't
have a drill press so DIY 250 holes is not an option...

Any thoughts? Actually something that incorporated the nosing too would be
nice, so it isn't slippery. The rest of the stairs will have a carpet
runner.

thanks,