Re: [Shop-talk] Parts for vise (with photo links)

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Parts for vise (with photo links)
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 05:32:15 -0500 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 02/12/2013 05:31:22, Serialize complete at 02/12/2013 05:31:22
Not to hijack this thread,

But just last week I decided to 'restore' a vice that I was given to me
from a friend.  It was a cheap China vise, but I figure it only need to be
sanded and then repainted so I spent an evening with it. Since I was
putting it on my welding table, it would get beat up anyway.

Once I sand blasted the old paint off, I couldn't believe what I saw.  The
entire vice was pitted metal.  But at the factory they bondo the entire
thing to make it look smooth.

It really opened my eyes to just how cheap some things can be made.

So, of course I had to rebondo the entire vice.  In the end, it came out
pretty neat.  (I did a 2 tone paint job with a few bare metal accents! )
8>)

I'm just sharing.

Eric P
Waldo Emerson