Re: [Shop-talk] Safety Wire Drill Guide

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Safety Wire Drill Guide
From: Scott <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 09:54:50 -0500
A bike I bought had a few that were drilled through the edges of a bolt.
I'm trying to remember why now, but at the time it seemed to make sense
for that particular bolt. But like Mark said, I've never drilled those
myself. I have a hard-enough time drilling through flat-to-flat.

I'd do like Randall (I think) said, and grind a flat, then drill. It
seems like the fixtures designed to make things easier are hit-and-miss.
Some are helpful, and others are just a waste of money.