Re: [Shop-talk] For my next trick...

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] For my next trick...
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 11:27:08 -0500
> I have the O-ring kit and the glue that came with it.  It works, but the
> glued joint is never quite as strong as the original O-ring, in my
> experience.  Maybe if you had some sort of press that could apply pressure

Replacements are pretty easy to find, just google:
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=dell+notebook+power+strap

Hey! 2nd from the top. Is that the one you're looking for?
http://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=5551
$3.99 + $2.90 S&H. Not worth trying to fix to me.

Searching Ebay for: dell (power,cord) strap
Gets six hits. Hey! a lot of 50 for $46, free shipping!

If you haven't tried it before, you'll be amazed at some of the obscure
parts you can find on Ebay, both new, NOS, and used part-outs. My old
faithful microwave Panasonic oven of nearly 20 years died. Sold the
glass tray on Ebay for $15, and tore the rest to pieces in about 10
minutes and had $1.50 of bare steel for the next scrap yard run.

-w