Re: [Shop-talk] Covering sand textured ceiling?

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Covering sand textured ceiling?
From: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 09:35:29 -0500 (EST)
I have basically the same situation here on all the walls and ceilings.
In one room I had to remove a bunch of B=bx 6b tongue and groove (cabin
type) pine boards that were on two walls in one room. I used dry wall
mud to cover all the walls (and the holes that were caused when pulling
out the dozens and dozens of 4" finishing nails used to hold these
boards.)

Long story short, the dry wall mud worked but was very time consuming, I
did four walls approx. 18-20b long and it took probably half a five
gallon bucket. Then there is sanding and painting.

All other replies to the list please folks. Thanks! tim