Re: [Shop-talk] Article on contemporary (somewhat shop-related) gadgets

To: Shop-Talk <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Article on contemporary (somewhat shop-related) gadgets
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 14:26:58 -0500
My generator is a Honda EU2000.   I have to power only a couple of
modern fridges, lights, and computer stuff (amazingly, we did not
lose Verizon Fios service in any of the storms of the last couple of
years).  It was able to run ten hours on a gallon of gas!
I had filled up all my cars before the storm, and I had enough gas in
them to run the generator for a week.
If you get one of these big 6000 watt portable generators, you'll
probably need at least 12 gallons per day, so
you would be spending a lot of time in line at the gas station (if
it's even open).  And that much gas gets expensive:
at least $40 per day.

Doug