Re: [Shop-talk] engine code web site

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] engine code web site
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 20:00:30 -0500
I googled "obd code p0000" and got 7 million hits. Appears to indicate
"no problems, no codes stored."

I bought this little $20 scanner and it does all the basic stuff:

http://www.amazon.com/Autel-MaxiScan-MS300-Diagnostic-Vehicles/dp/B001LHVOVK

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0KZ-0002-00002

Used it on Mom's 2003 BMW 5' and a friend's 2007 Nissan Sentra. It will
read out the standardized "basic" set of mandated codes, clear the
codes, and reset the MIL. It was able the reset the BMW's "service soon"
light (tune up indicator) but wouldn't reset the "change oil" light.
Also does not do the fancy stuff like auto-trans, ABS, air-bags etc; you
gotta spend a bunch more to get all that!

-Wayne