Re: [Shop-talk] DC to DC PS/charger

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] DC to DC PS/charger
From: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 09:14:47 -0500
Ron,

Finding a 19.x power DC/DC converter won't be easy, but you can get
close looking for a power supply that as plus and minus 12v (or 24v) and
a 5v that is separate from the higher voltage output. Buck the 5v supply
against the 24v and you will have something close to 19v. I haven't
tried this with switching supplies, but it worked with analog supplies. \

Another way, though not as elegant, is to buy a 24v converter and add a
regulator to the output to get the voltage you need.

Either of these will cost more than an inverter to plug you power supply
into.

Peace,
Pat
Thusly spake Ronnie Day, On 8/19/2012 4:30 PM: