Re: [Shop-talk] Clean and lube suggestions for A/C fan

To: Donald H Locker <dhlocker@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Clean and lube suggestions for A/C fan
From: Matt Mahoney <mattmahony@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 09:06:29 -0700
Cc: Shop-talk@autox.team.net
Donald;

Never seen a ball bearing in one of these, I'm sure it is sleeve
bearings, usually oil impregnated. No solvent should be necessary, just
some turbine oil or spray silicone lube. Just work it in from the shaft
end. I've done this on lots of motors. If they still won't free up you
will have to crack it open and pull the shaft out of the bearing.  Most
of this type motor use through bolts parallel to the shaft. I've never
done a riveted case so I can't tell you how to deal with those.
By the way, the GE number is 5KCP29.  All GE motors are 5KCP and 29 is
the frame size. The HCA101CS is the specific item.

Good luck,
Matt