Re: [Shop-talk] Lag screws vs. through bolting

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Lag screws vs. through bolting
From: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 11:02:46 -0500
Drew,

First of all, I am anal. When I do this type of work I always use
through bolts\, unless there is no way to do it. No matter what wood you
use, the wood will deteriorate over time and it makes for some iffy
holding strength. It may take only a few years for soft wood, or decades
for more exotic wood, such as the Ipe. I'd check with your local
building officials to see what they think.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Drew Rogge, On 7/31/2012 2:32 PM: