[Shop-talk] gantry crane - a frame

Subject: [Shop-talk] gantry crane - a frame
From: jniolon at att.net (John Niolon)
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 18:50:19 -0500
I've got a gantry crane/ a-frame  that's is taking up real estate and needs to
find a new home.  Haven't used it in a long time and thinking about
Craigslisting it...   8' high with a 11.5' span and mobile on 9" swivel cast
iron wheels...   It's home built using a 6" H-beam, 2.5" pipe legs with
bracing to hold it all together.  Haven't got a clue on rating, but it's seen
a 2000-2500 lbs with no strain.

My problem is what is it worth... I see the commercial units for a grand or
better.  H.F. has one with two vertical legs and  rated at 1 ton for about
650.

I can send pics if anyone is interested in seeing it.....   Any ideas what it
might be worth ???  what to ask for it on C.L. ???

tia
JOhn

I'm sarcastic... what's your superpower ?