Re: [Shop-talk] Snap-On buzz boxes

To: "KVacek@Ameritech.net" <KVacek@Ameritech.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Snap-On buzz boxes
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 21:00:42 -0600
On Feb 1, 2012, at 7:44 PM, "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net> wrote:

> These guys import machines from Italy as well.  They've been in business
for
> a number of years here in the Chicago area (they've just moved to larger
> quarters again) and their MIG and TIG machines seem very capable, with
> features surpassing similarly-priced Miller and Lincoln models.  The
> machines have always been branded as HTP, but they seem to be changing the
> brand to their USAWeld name now.  Same equipment.  I've taken their TIG
> class, watched their TIG and MIG videos, and bought some consumables from
> them, (all top-notch) but I have no experience with their machines beyond
> their class.

I've got a 120v mig of theirs, which has worked as well as any 120 v mig does.
It had a control board failure in warranty, and they were good about replacing
it and doing phone troubleshooting to figure out what was really wrong.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LINCOLN-WORK-PAK-125-MIG-WELDER-120V-U2699-1-REFURB-