Re: [Shop-talk] That was fun

To: Jack Brooks <jibjib@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] That was fun
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 21:30:57 -0800
On this topic ...

My 'muffler guy'--Gary--has done a couple jobs for me.  His welds look like
none I've seen: there's no bead to speak of,
it looks like the puddle has completely flowed out, like the the melted wire
was a slurry or something.   No leaks,
ever.  Anyone know how that's accomplished?  I asked him how he did it, but he
didn't really seem to know--it's just how
he did it.  I can only guess that he really cranks up the current but somehow
never burns through.  He has a big Miller
MIG unit.

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell@comcast.net

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums