[Shop-talk] ODB II scanner analyzers

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] ODB II scanner analyzers
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 09:54:40 -0500
I know this has come up before on the list, and I've collected some
of the emails and done some research on aftermarket ODBII scanner/readers.

I've always wanted a good system that could do more than just read codes, but
I didn't have a laptop or a desktop in the shop.   Also not have a
new enough car
to have ODB II I settled for the Actron ODBII reader.

Well last summer the wife wanted a netbook.  So we got her a Toshiba netbook
and use it as a laptop, and to watch some shows streamed from the internet.

So, now I have a couple of cars ('97 Voyager, '06 Scion xB, '12 Mazada Speed3)
that are ODBII compliant and a netbook.  I was wondering if anyone would have
any suggestions for an addition to the netbook for a USB ODB scanner /
programmer to allow looking at the various systems on the car, from the ECM,
Xmission computer, ABS, and air bag system.

Some of the systems I was looking at are:

http://autotap.com/

http://www.autoenginuity.com/order.html

http://www.obd-2.com

www.myscantool.com

http://www.autoenginuity.com

John

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229

                        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org

 From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
      e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
      In God We Trust
      Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for
                   oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums