Re: [Shop-talk] Off topic,

To: John Miller <jem@milleredp.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Off topic,
From: James F Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 11:21:27 -0500
Eric:

A university library or AV department (at the University where I work
it's called Media Services now)is likely to have a projector, but they
are also likely to have an editing viewer.  These are generally hand
cranked machines that will advance the film through at your own pace,
and because it's only a viewer, the lamp is low powered and generates
less heat than a projector and so will be kinder to old delicate film.

Also, University athletics departments sometimes house significant
sports libraries, and while most have probably converted old stuff to
digital media, they may still have equipment remaining.

On 12/9/2011 10:25 AM, John Miller wrote:
> On 12/9/2011 7:15 AM, eric@megageek.com wrote:
>> The film is developed and ready to be played.  (And yes, I could hold a
>> flashlight to it and see the images)
>>
>> But I just am trying to figure out what I can do to view it first,
>> before
>> spending money on conversion.
>
> Anywhere you can rent a 16mm projector?
>
> Got a university library nearby?
>
> John.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
james_f_juhas.vcf]

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums