[Shop-talk] Log Splitters

Subject: [Shop-talk] Log Splitters
From: eric at megageek.com (eric at megageek.com)
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 18:05:14 -0500
Evening gentlemen (and women),

Today I revived my log splitter.  I've been doing most of my splitting by
hand so I haven't been using it.  Now my shoulder injury is making
swinging an ax less possible.

So I got my old 20ton splitter out.  It works great (I can't believe I've
been swinging an ax as long as I have been now that I remember how easy
this makes it!)

Anyway, I did a quick welding job to add a small 'table' to the far side
of the I beam.  That way when I split the log, half of it stays on the
table and the other half I can resplit.

It works pretty good, but I was thinking there is a better way to do it.
So, I came to the experts.

Does anyone have a great way to make an 'outfeed table' for a spliter?
Anyone want to share their ideas here?

Either way, enjoy and thanks!

Eric P
Waldo Emerson