[Shop-talk] Compressed Air Lines, RapidAir

Subject: [Shop-talk] Compressed Air Lines, RapidAir
From: scott.hall.personal at gmail.com (Scott)
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 13:21:54 -0400
I'm not at all discounting this John.  But--and this sounds awful--two
instances in the countless flights every day (and I'm on a lot of those
flights, so don't think I'm blowing it off) isn't worth the sturm and
drang on the plane.  Of all the infinite number of things than can
result in a plane making a sudden unscheduled stop in a lake, two
instances of radio interference isn't something as a flier I want to be
protected from if it means empowering a nasty underpaid attitude in
heels to stand next to my seat barking "SIR!" at my seatmate
passive-aggressively for five minutes.  I'll risk the crash two out of
500,000 times.  I'm willing to bet drunk pilots, poor maintenance, and
cosmic radiation are a far greater risk to me in the air.

The best ones are the attendants that want to get into it with
passengers wearing noise cancelling headphones.  There's no way to tell
if most of them are powered on or off, so they simply make sure they're
not wearing them.  As another passenger, what if they're still on?  If
the goal is to eliminate RF interference and it's so damn vital...then
you pick those things up and take out the batteries.  Otherwise it's not
that important and you're just being a angry b*&ch.

But I *am* all for using technology to render the voice capabilities of
other technology un-useable.  You wanna crash the plane?  Fine.  But
keep the rest of the cattle in here with me quiet until it does, yeah?

Or: let them play their Game Boys if it keeps them off the damn phone.