Re: [Shop-talk] T8 Electronic ballasts

To: Shop-Talk <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] T8 Electronic ballasts
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 10:50:00 -0400
 I have 8-foot T12 HO light fixtures in my garage (the bulbs with
funny lozenge-shaped end connectors).  I had noticed that the magnetic
ballasts get real hot, and I pined for electronic ones.  But they were
quite expensive from electrical supply catalogs- more than I paid Home
Depot for the fixtures .

Then one day I noticed that HD was carrying the correct electronic
ballasts from GE, for only $35, so I immediately bought two of them,
and installed them in my light fixtures.  They worked great- no more
humming or buzzing.

But that is the best brand?  I have no idea.  They are probably all
made in one big factory in China, anyway.  The price ond convenience
of getting them at HD trumped the choice of brands.

 Doug

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums