Re: [Shop-talk] Brake dust wheel covers

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Brake dust wheel covers
From: Todd Walke <racertod@racertodd.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 17:57:32 -0700
         I'd worry about the covers interfering with the ability of air to
get in and cool the brakes.  Might be one reason for the high wear rate you
saw.

         I've switched to ceramic pads of late.  They put out far, far less
dust than the several other brands of semi-metallic pads I've used over the
years.  The dust is lighter in color and doesn't seem to stick to the
wheels as much, comes off much easier when washing.
         Performance seems to be on par with other quality
semi-metallics.  Good performance cold, warm and in emergency braking
situations.  Quiet too, no unusual noises.

Todd
Seattle,WA
'86 GTI, Red of course. (exciting racey car) 273,000 miles
'01 Golf TDI, silver.   (new work car)       307,000 miles
'87 Golf, Polar Silver. (retired work car)   654,000 miles <- Gone to a new
home :(
http://www.pureluckdesign.com <-Ferrari & VW stuff

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums