[Shop-talk] squeaky brakes

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] squeaky brakes
From: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 17:03:34 -0400 (EDT)
I replaced the rear brakes pads on my daughter's 99 Toyota Solara today
in hopes of eliminating the squeal when she backs up. They were in need
of replacing (pretty thin on one side) but the squealer was not making
contac. I didn't turn or replace the rotor since it was the rear AND
they were in good shapes still.

After I was done I took the car out and it did not squeal on me, even
during varied speeds backwards. Well, I just heard that they are still
squealing at slow back up speed on my kid as she was leaving just now.

Any idea why?

shop content: I was in and out of my shop getting tools, etc.

Thanks.

Tim

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums