[Shop-talk] battery tender--Thanks

Subject: [Shop-talk] battery tender--Thanks
From: bspidell at comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 14:23:57 +0000 (UTC)
Just to be clear, overcharging isn't 'boiling,' like boiling water. The
too-high charging voltage causes the sulfuric acid electrolyte to release
hydrogen gas; the bubbles are the result of a chemical reaction, not heat. I
don't remember the equation but, basically, you're releasing the H2 from H2SO4.
The SO4, 'sulfate,' will settle to the bottom of the battery and short out the
plates.

Bob

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA