Re: [Shop-talk] Natural gas tank-based water heaters?

To: Jimmie Mayfield <mayfield+shoptalk@sackheads.org>, Shop-Talk
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Natural gas tank-based water heaters?
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 08:35:27 -0400
Most new construction seems to use the kind with an exhaust blower,
because they don't need a flue and chimney, just a PVC pipe to the
outside.  But the "classic" model is still easy to get, since there
will always be a demand for replacements.  I think the main
differences these days are better insulation and something in the
burner that detects CO or a lack of oxygen, and shuts it down.

Consumer guides always seem to say the the biggest predictor of
quality is the length of the warranty, not the brand.

Doug

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 8:06 AM, Jimmie Mayfield
<mayfield+shoptalk@sackheads.org> wrote:
> Not really shop-related but...
>
> My current water heater is approaching 20 years old so it's probably time
> preemptively replace it before it suffers a failure.  This one is a 40gal
Rheem

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums