Re: [Shop-talk] Solar Panels are LIVE!!!

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Solar Panels are LIVE!!!
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 07:59:22 -0400
My system was for a 400 amp service on a pretty complicated plan.  The
price included everything, including the modifications they did to the
roof (which later they removed and redid.)

The company was 100% professional and worked amazingly.  Alot of the cost
is in the panels (as you grow in size.)  This system is one of the 3
largest in the country privately owned.  My friend up the road system's
actually hit the limit of how large a private system can be.  His cost was
less, but he did it a while ago and he did alot of the construction
himself.

For my rental unit, it's a stand alone house that is slightly smaller than
most, the entire system is about $25,000 and I have to pay about $3k of
that.

Both systems produce the maximum amount of energy based on usage (there is
a limit to how big a system you can install.  It has to match your 12
month total.)

Moose
Waldo Emerson

My sister had a system installed on their house that generally provides
more than they use.  Their system cost less than $10,000, and they have a
pretty big house.  Most of the daylight hours they are selling power back
to their electric company.

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums