Re: [Shop-talk] Mountable extension cord?

To: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Mountable extension cord?
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 09:22:31 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 6 Jul 2011, David Scheidt wrote:
> I'd like to know under what standard they have certification.  Anyone
> got one to look at the label?

    Based on your research, what is the roadblock to UL-approval for a
sliding power outlet?  Doesn't seem like a big deal, to me.  You know the
range of movement, so as long as you provide that much slack or extension
in the cabling, and protect it with a gusset wherever it passes through a
'wall', what's the problem?

    Seems much simpler than, say, a wheeled cart with fixed outlets, which
are commonplace.

--
  David Hillman

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums