[Shop-talk] Compressor auto shut-off not working

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Compressor auto shut-off not working
From: PJ McGarvey <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 18:44:05 -0400
The list has quite a bit of compressor knowledge, so here goes:
Had a Ridgid twin tank style compressor for a few years now, awhile back the
auto shut-off stopped working.   I'd have to let it run to its 150 psi max,
then stop it or else it'd blow the pop off valve. After that point, I never
trusted the pop off valve to always be there for me, so I just manually turned
it on and off.
Finally decided to replace the shut off valve since that seemed the most
likely culprit.  Tested it out a few times and it properly shut off the power
right over 150.  Tried it last night, 3 times in a row it decides not to and
instead the pop off valve opens...  So... other than the shut off
valve/control unit/power switch piece I just dropped $30 on, I'm thinking what
else might be at work here?  There is an adjustment on them, but I've read you
should not play with them... and I kinda agree.  Any other ideas?
PJ

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums