[Shop-talk] I give up! (almost) read >I know why pipe fitters get some m

Subject: [Shop-talk] I give up! (almost) read >I know why pipe fitters get some much money!
From: jblair1948 at cox.net (John T. Blair)
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 12:07:43 -0400
OK, day 5 of the plumbing saga and I'm about to shoot myself!!

Everything is installed, all the lines are good.  Turn on the air and
about 15 different fittings leak badly!!

So, I started the process of undoing the system to get at the joints.
Turns out, that the joints were tight.  They are now f###ing tight and
still leak.

So, it seems that the threads and the joints aren't matting right.  I did
you the correct pipe sealer for the job (and I've tried other types.)

I've actually welded a few joints, but I can't do this to too many as the
system will not be able to be taken apart.  Plus, I can't carry my welder
14' in the air to get the pipes that are on the ceiling.  8>)

So, is there any epoxy compound that I can use?  Does anyone have any
suggestions?  I'm stumped.

As for the cause, I see that my pipe threader has a chipped tooth.  I
think that may have caused bad threads on the pipe.  But a few of the
leaks are where factory fittings are in factory nipples.

Please help!

Moose
Waldo Emerson

Shop-talk at autox.team.net